Electric shower overheating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Split from this ancient thread //www.diynot.com/diy/threads/electric-shower-overheating-question-about-heat-exchangers.92744/#post-3420966
Hello,

I have the same model shower (Gainsborough 2000x) and have the same problem as described here - the water is scalding hot even on the lowest temperature setting.

After uncovering the shower unit I can't locate the mains water filter. I can see a copper pipe going directly into a plastic part which I think is the solenoid. Can anyone please advise where the filter is and can it be cleaned in situ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind regards,
Edith

Sponsored Links
a more recent similar thread said:
At the solenoid there will be an inlet filter that should be checked also, you will require to isolate both electrical and water.
Also this model is quite temperamental if you do not use the manufactures shower head and hose.
But failing any blockages or kinks in the hose, water pressure would be another thing to look at, it is not unusual for tye water undertakers to change water pressures.
There is a fault finding guide supplied by Gainsborough that may help you diagnose the fault.
Once you can confirm no pressure or blockage issues, then the next stage would be to investigate component failures, such as the ones that deal with the thermomatic controls.
http://www.gainsboroughshowers.co.uk/Customer-Services/Gainsborough-Technical-FAQ/

Read more: //www.diynot.com/diy/threads/g...-shower-heating-problem.403470/#ixzz3ffcVYhQX

Thank you for the link.

My shower has low, medium and high pressure settings and there is no difference between them in terms of pressure or temperature.

Having read further about this shower it appears to be an issue with either the solenoid coil or filter being blocked, preventing enough water coming into the system.

I can't find the filter that has been mentioned in a couple of threads. It appears to be part of the solenoid valve, but I am unsure if I need to remove the solenoid coil to access it, or remove the plastic valve completely.

Kind regards,
Edith

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back