cold electric shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Gainsborough 2000x and today it triped the circuit breaker and now it wont heat the water .Is there any internal fuse or can you change the heating element .

Sponsored Links
Hi - I put a Gainsborough in for a friend last year and when the unit didn't work, the number on the box gave me a direct line to Gainsborough support. They were excellent - sent a replacement part out straight away and the job was a good-un!

Thereshouldn't be another fuse - will it still heat water? If yes then the poer is okay but the pump unit sounds like it is nackered. If you can't get power to it test the safety switch on the ceiling first, then look at checking the switch in the CU to enmsure it is not damaged!
Have fun...

chrisbur said:
I have a Gainsborough 2000x and today it triped the circuit breaker and now it wont heat the water .Is there any internal fuse or can you change the heating element .

sounds like the element has gone open circuit. I would chnge the whole unit myself, especially if it is older than 5 years

if you change the unit don't go for a Gainsborough (I have wired 6 in past 3 years and 5 have deveolped a fault either straight away or within a few days).

please note this is my opinion, I really don't rate them at all. :(

Sponsored Links
Gainsborough are the cheapest nastiest on the market IMHO

Fit a mira or a triton.

i would avoid triton.

Triton = 1 year then faults.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back