Electric shower prob ....Seco ?

Reaction score
Country
Colombia
Just copy and paste this message a friend of friend just sent me on facebook. I don't do electric showers and bathroom stuff generally, anyone know what might be the fault? wanna try and avoid getting involved. I dunno where Seco Services works? the job is in east herts if your interested fella.

I have a work-related question for you! I wanted to ask you about my electric shower. It's a Triton Caselona and the temperature keeps going hot and cold so I've changed the shower head and hose and now it's even worse! It's got water dripping out of the 'Pressure Relief Device' (mean anything?!!) so I wondered if it needs looking at by a professional!

Sponsored Links
Hi mickyg

east herts is abit out my area but thanks.

Hot/cold cycling is a flow issue.
useally inlet filter blocked, shower head scaled or hose kinked or collapsing inner.

you say you changed the head/hose
was this just a basic head etc from the sheds ?

As for the prd sounds like you have put a cheapo one on
the trouble with the ones from the sheds they are so restricted they cause pressure build up and blow the prd's
that's why i always go for an original triton parts they maybe be more pricey and a day to deliver but you know the score with genuine parts.

If the prd is only dripping not flowing you may be lucky and only dislodged the ball and not blown it fully out.
so can useally be pushed back in.

The original shower head is now obselete but the 7000 series will be ok.
they are about £19
shower hose are from £15 to £20 depending on the length you require.
a new prd if required is about £8

prd on this model is a 2min job.

hi sorry, think you misunderstood.I havent been out to it, trying to avoid that scenario ! the bit in italics is the message i recieved from a friend :)
Anyway, it sounds pretty straight forward from what you say so i may take a look, as its a friend and its a she ;)
cheers mate.

poked my head in on the way home tonight.. sorted the prd thingy, the head is scaled. What triton call i think the equalising valve? is leaking and making a fizzing sound even with the power off, sounds a bit like hissing water but its only a slow drip. Also sounds like a kettle when running, so obviously scaled up. Whats your prognosis Dr Seco?

Sponsored Links
sorted the prd thingy
what did you do poke the ball back up ?

the head is scaled.
is this the original head ?

What triton call i think the equalising valve?
what are you call the equalising valve ?
i take it you mean n0 5
this is the caselona.
triton_caselona.jpg

is leaking and making a fizzing sound even with the power off
is this with only the shower off or pullcord aswell ?

sounds a bit like hissing water but its only a slow drip.
this sounds like n0 5 the stabiliser valve
and they useally leak from the top where the plastic pin is.
TRITO-82600550.png

yes, poked it back in
yes, original head, cleaned it up a bit, but still plays up a bit with head off. She fitted another triton one but that scaled up like instantly.
yes, sorry stabiliser valve is what i meant, definately dripping
yes, even with pull cord off its hissing.
yes, that looks like the thing

so worth repairing you think? was worried by the kettling sound? more aggro?

yes, original head, cleaned it up a bit, but still plays up a bit with head off.
She fitted another triton one but that scaled up like instantly.

i would check the inlet filter next (if its been fitted or broken up)
need to disconnect the main feed for that.

stabiliser valve is what i meant, definately dripping

that'll be a new one then the seals fail £20 +p/p

so worth repairing you think? was worried by the kettling sound? more aggro?

poss the heat can needs descaling can be done overnight but needs removing.

the caselona is a good few yrs old now where on the mk III now.

or bite the bullet instead of throwing money at it pop into screwfix and get a triton enrich depending on what your kw is and cable.

the enrich
8.5 £72
9.5 £64

both with 2 yr warranty.
same layout as the caselona so straight swop.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back