Electric shower water will not turn off (Triton Aquatronic 2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We just had a new shower enclosure installed. Reinstalled the same 3 year old Aquatronic 2 shower unit. Changed the head - now using Grohe Euphoria.

All fine until tried to turn shower off. Water keeps flowing. Turned power off at main but water still comes. Only solution is to turn water off at main.

Plumber came, checked flow control switch which is in the correct position, but he thinks maybe it is not connecting properly with whatever switches off the water flow inside the unit. Said has never seen this problem before - everything seems normal inside the unit. Suggested buying a new unit rather than cost of parts and labour.

Any suggestions on what may have caused this? I dont want to buy a new one then get the same problem again! Could it be using a non-Triton head on a Triton shower? (the Grohe has a massage setting - could that have messed up the Triton?).

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Plumber came, checked flow control switch which is in the correct position, but he thinks maybe it is not connecting properly with whatever switches off the water flow inside the unit. Said has never seen this problem before - everything seems normal inside the unit. Suggested buying a new unit rather than cost of parts and labour.
Get a proper plumber not a handyman.

Any suggestions on what may have caused this?

yes solenoid coils failed
commonest fault on an electric shower.

approx £15 for part p+p and 10 mins to fit. ;)

test the solenoid coil with a multi meter for resistance.
you may get away with just the coil if not the whole valve is needed.

Get a proper plumber not a handyman.

Any suggestions on what may have caused this?

yes solenoid coils failed
commonest fault on an electric shower.

approx £15 for part p+p and 10 mins to fit. ;)

test the solenoid coil with a multi meter for resistance.
you may get away with just the coil if not the whole valve is needed.

surely if the solenoid coil had gone you would get no no water coming out at all , sounds more like the valve has stuck, give it a bang or switch on and off a few times rapidly,

Thanks for the advice. In the end I bought a new shower as the Aquatronic was about 4 or 5 years old so I thought it better to cut my losses ans get something new with a guarantee.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the advice. In the end I bought a new shower as the Aquatronic was about 4 or 5 years old so I thought it better to cut my losses and get something new with a guarantee rather than pay £35 plus shipping for the solenoid then risk something else packing in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back