Electric Shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,
i have an electric shower (triton barbasos). i know nothing at all about it other then how to turn it on and use it. when im in the shower and the heat is turned up the water stays cold, but when i turn the hot water tap on (in the sink) the water is hot, so is the problem with the shower or plumbing? the shower was already fitted when we moved in so i dont have any paper work for it. here is a pic of the shower.

Sponsored Links
What about if you turn the cold tap on not hot does it have the same affect ?
What type of boiler have you a combi ?

got a hot water tank. if i turn the cold water tap on i get cold water from the tap. what kind of shower have i got? electric? power? or pumped electric? what kind of shower would be a good, direct replacement?

thanks

Sponsored Links
if i turn the cold water tap on i get cold water from the tap.
I know that.

what kind of shower have i got? electric? power? or pumped electric?
Electric shower heats it's own water.

What does turning the cold tap on do to the heat of the shower ?
Hot should have no effect on the shower as the hot comes from the cylinder the shower comes from the mains cold supply.

Just reread your post
but when i turn the hot water tap on (in the sink) the water is hot

i take it you mean tap is hot not shower becomes hot ?

thanks dan, i seen your post 1st time, my shower is dis-continued.

when i turn the shower on, and turn the cold water tap on, nothing happens, the shower stays cold.

I have the same shower, as seco has said the thermal cut out could be faulty - I imagine you'll be able to find a replacement. I might be able to take a picture of ours in next couple of days if it helps.

hi,
ive taken the cover off and had a quick look, im no expert but i think i found the problem. dont know the name of any parts but what looks like a overflow pipe has popped off its mounting, which causes water to drip on the outlet pipe (pipe thats goes to flexi) and in turn had damaged some sort of sensor and looks like its burnt out. I called the showe doc today and explaind, he said the part is now obsilite and also said the shower i have fitted is a 8kw.

thanks

Thats a prd tube, and the sensor is the outlet tco.

But your fault don't tally up with your fault finding.
But end of day parts are limited on this shower.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back