Electric showers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone give an opinion on the best electric shower to get. Not concerned about the cheapest but which gives the best output and service.

Sponsored Links
The cheapest one available. Water output is limited by the power of the heating element, so it won't make any difference whether it costs £60 or £400.
The £400 ones can be repaired by replacing parts - many of which cost more than the entire £60 shower.

Ultimately they are all made of cheap plastic parts which wear out, and will all be destroyed by limescale after a few years.

Also note that even the most powerful 10kW electric shower is still feeble compared to a combi boiler which is typically 30kW or more.

We have had triton showers for many years and their customer service is very good in my opinion. As to your question about output , a lot depends on the mains water pressure to your house.
Our last house had poor water pressure so we had to have the shower connected to the water tank in the loft and a pump to give us a good enough shower.
Our present house has good water pressure so it is connected directly to the mains water supply and the output is fine. You will rarely get a shower that is like a power shower, but it will be sufficient to get a reasonable flow rate.
Get your mains water pressure measured and select a unit that will match that flow rate. Oh, and I would recommend getting a 10w rated shower even if you have to put in a bigger cable because they are better in winter at maintaining a good flow rate at a reasonable temperature.
We also took out one of their service agreements and that has served us well.

Mike

Sponsored Links
I think the Mira Sport 10.8kW is a decent shower but make sure you have the correct power supply and cable size.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back