Electric Storage Heater Cover project - "Babysafe"

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

My little boy is all but ready to start crawling and creating caos - Ive been tasked with the project of babysafing the house and creating a play area in the living room.

The corner chosen has a night stoage heater, so I am looking at ways to make some kind of cover. This still has to let out heat, but at the same time stop the little mans fingers getting to the wires and from touching the surface, as it does get rather hot.

Oh and the other half insists it looks nice too... !

Any suggestions???

Thanks in advance

M.A.

Sponsored Links
Thats the kind of thing i am thinking. Im considering more of an "L" shape design, and fixed to a wall. It will be a self build job too..

The main thing seems to be to not use MDF as it has loads of nasties in it (formaldehyde?) :confused:

The reason a lot of people tend not to fix to the wall is so that they can be pulled out to allow more heat (usually once sproglet is in bed!)

They also have a hinged top to allow access to the controls.

K

Sponsored Links
Most of the ones you find in shops are made from MDF, so it cant be that bad... although I have just read that in Germany they only now produce is CH20 free MDF.

What other timber product would anyone suggest?

Ive got some nice angle iron and chicken wire in the shed, maybe thats the best option...lol :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back