electric storage heaters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i've a couple of questions regarding storage heaters that i hope some one can answer. The heaters have been in my house since i bought it 15 years ago and am just getting round to working them out.

The bedroom heater is a creda 79152 which i believe is a 2.5 kw heater, yet when i tested it last night was only using just short of 1 kwh of power according to my owl monitor. Is this right ? I tried adjusting the charge input but no differnce was seen.

The second heater used to be in my bathroom but as my bathroom wall has moved (loft conversion) its ended up on the landing. This has no marks on or in it to identify. That heater was drawing 0.4 kwh of power. So is that the rating of the heater. This heater has a control box with a on off switch and a 3 setting dial sited out side the old bathroom wall. The control box is a big ugly thing and seemed to be getting abnormally warm when in use. Can this box be replaced with a fused switch, there is a spindle in the heater that is blanked off that i assume can be used for adjustment if i can find a knob to fit.

Any suggestion or info would be gratefully recieved.

Sponsored Links
You need to take some pictures of that big ugly control box ;)

The 2.5kW heaters I 'think' have three elements in, possibly one of those elements may be open circuit and need replacing. 15 years is a good lifetime!

thanks for the quick reply. the control box says fgs storad, cant take fotos sorry, so would that be the make of heater. If so where do they hide the model number.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back