Electric strip heater?

3 Dec 2004
Reaction score
United Kingdom
I'm looking for something that will fit along the bottom of a three-metre wall, looks very unobtrusive, never gets too hot to touch, yet provides a gentle heat rising up the wall. It would need to be no more than about 25mm square or diameter.

Does such a thing exist?

I've tried Googling but without success - so far.
Sponsored Links
You can get skirting board heaters, quite thin but about 7" or so high.
Would you like to tell us why you need it?

do you have central heating?

A small pipe that is not very hot will give out very little heat (consider the hot pipe to your bath tap)
Sponsored Links
Thank you for your suggestions.
The purpose was to create a little bit of heat along the bottom of 10-foot-wide glass panel doors between kitchen and garden. This was in response to a suggestion that the doors, despite their thick double glazing, were cold.
I solved the problem by fitting a fused spur just beside a socket near the doors. Any time there is a grumble that the doors are making her feel cold I switch this on. Within minutes the problem goes away.

The fused spur is not connected to anything ... ...
The hard bit is remembering to turn this off at night :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local