Electric supply for split system Air Con.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The Panasonic split system I am proposing for an upstairs bedroom is 2.5kw. I have had three quotes so far. Two want to take the supply from a spare mcb on the (new)consumer unit. I have one 6 amp and one 16 amp spare. The other one says it is no problem plugging in to upstairs socket and taking all the power from there. Upstairs is on a separate 32 amp mcb protected ring. It has very little load as no heated shower. Would just be vacuum cleaner, a shower pump and hair dryer really that would draw anything. What I really want to know is the latter acceptable/meeting regulations as I do have other plans for the two spare mcbs in the consumer unit if possible.

Sponsored Links
Plug into a socket then.
Hardly worth the extra expense of an additional circuit for something using less than 1kW.

Sponsored Links
Hard to find the electrical specs on Panasonic site but it does say recommended fuse 16A which would seem a bit excessive.

Some models are only 1000W but many are 2000w 3000w input. What model is it?

And some brands or websites will list the input and BTU so careful not to mix them up.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back