Electric UFH matting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What make/model do you consider the best quality UFH matting?

Sponsored Links
I am told RayChem make a self compensating mat, not sure if any other makes, but this means putting shopping down on the floor any over heating will be minimal compared with simple resistor type.

However you have to remember the limit on how hot the floor can get is 29°C this report shows the problem and job one is dig up the floor to add insulation, I fitted it to mothers wet room, and even without it switched on the floor felt warm because so much insulation had to be added first.

I used RayChem trace heating on pipe work at work, and it worked very well, so suspect under floor heating will be the same.

Sponsored Links
The mat is made from a chemical which increases in resistance the warmer it gets, so less likely to get hot spots when items are placed on the floor.
Raychem T2 Red Underfloor Heating Cable.
The intelligent underfloor heating system.

The Raychem T2 self-regulating system senses other heat sources, such as solar radiation, electrical appliance and lighting. It automatically adjusts its heat output accordingly. In colder places, such as near windows and doors, more heat is produced by the system. In warmer places, such as under rugs and furniture, less heat is produced.

The cables do not overheat, meaning that there is unlimited flexibility for moving your furniture around.

The Raychem T2 Red Underfloor Heating system can be installed on all subfloors:-

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back