electric under floor heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just had the above installed into a new conservatory . I was at work when it was installed and after a test period it appeared to be working correctly although we have not used the cons yet.
because of the size of the floor area and from the paper work ,it looks like there are two mats side by side. As the recentweather has been cold I have set the temperature higher but it will not get over 15 c and this morning i noticed that thetile floor was only warm on 30% of the floor and the rest were cold.
I have a horrible feeling the larger mat is not working and if that the case how do you reinstall the matt without digging up the tiles.
Before I go in all guns blazing has anyone ideas on possible causes etc
thanks
fell

Sponsored Links
Did your installer not give you a warranty? The norm is 12 month one but a lot have 2 years these days. Can you not call them back to check the wiring etc? Are you sure they both worked? Do you have one or two thermostats?
What area is heating up i.e. is it only the center of the room and do you have a plan of where it was laid to get a guide of where the heat should be?

a good way of finding out where it is working, is to wet-mop the floor. It will dry quicker over the hot elements and you can see the pattern. You can take a photo of it to show to anyone.

Did your installer not give you a warranty? The norm is 12 month one but a lot have 2 years these days. Can you not call them back to check the wiring etc? Are you sure they both worked? Do you have one or two thermostats?
What area is heating up i.e. is it only the center of the room and do you have a plan of where it was laid to get a guide of where the heat should be?

I Do have a warranty for two years on the stat and 10 on mat the rear shows the resistance test for both after laying
There is only one AUBE stat and the guarantee shows two matts laid cos of the room size. but i am not sure how they were laid about a third rectangle is warm to the feet the other larger mat area is stone cold.
I do not know were the probe is laid either
so i reckon the larger matt is at fault but the main worry is if its the matt itself or hopefully some sort of wiring/stat problem.

Sponsored Links

I Do have a warranty for two years on the stat and 10 on mat the rear shows the resistance test for both after laying
There is only one AUBE stat and the guarantee shows two matts laid cos of the room size. but i am not sure how they were laid about a third rectangle is warm to the feet the other larger mat area is stone cold.
I do not know were the probe is laid either
so i reckon the larger matt is at fault but the main worry is s if **** the matt itself or hopefully some sort of wiring/stat problem.

give them a call!!! If you are sure it was working in the first place then i don't think the mat will be faulty its probably a wiring fault, if you have the nounce to check the wires out then go ahead meter them out see what they read but i would call them out anyway to come and sort it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back