Electric water heaters/boilers -info

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,my parents liveing down in cornwall have no gas supply and currently rely on storage heaters/immersion heater for heating and hot water.They have asked me to look into alternatives and i've noticed screwfix/plumbfix listing the Galaxy Powerstream range which look as if they would be ideal however i'm struggling to get info of the web,has anyone got any direct experience of fitting/performance/running costs please or any links to where i can get some info?,or alternative makes you may have installed?,they are toying between just replacing the immersion and tank or going for the central heating option as well but i need to get an idea off running costs etc first.
Thanks
stu

Sponsored Links
Amptec seem to be the most popular electric boilers. You need a decent electric supply though, and they're naturally expensive to run just because of the cost of electric, it won't be much better than the existing setup. You'd be better off looking into oil-fired or LPG-fired heating

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back