Electrical Central Heating Boilers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone have experience of Electrical Central Heating boilers (Amptec HeatraeSadia for example) and getting them installed ?

I have a small flat in London and have to replace the boiler which is currently located in a chimney flue and to either replace it there or move it is a real problem. Any tips would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
We looked into doing this for several flats in London - the end result was never as able to match what a gas combi could do - despite the hassle of relocation.

There is really no point in comparing it to a combi, the comparison would be with an unvented cylinder - which forms most of the Heatrae Baxi solution.

The performance could be similar to a gas system, but as Dave says, it's the crippling cost of running it at mainly peak rate electricity that is the problem.

I remember hearing somewhere that the Mayor of London has altered the local building regs to prevent electric heating being fitted in high density new build. It was very popular with developers because of the low capital cost.

This seems quite sensible for a person that is going to take all older vans off the road by 2010, scrapping them and forcing us to buy (most foreign built, foreign components) new ones......

Sponsored Links
no point in comparing it to a combi

Sorry that was not a good comparison for the OP's question - these were complete refurbs, but the gas supply was a bit questionable - as was it turned out the electric.

My preference for a gas solution is still valid though.

the aztec is a good little unit but as everyone says only use if gas is not available (or your not going to be paying the elec bill!) :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back