Electrical certificate needed for final inspection?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I live in Slough, I've just had my loft converted, my final inspection is tomorrow along with fire safety.

Will the building inspector request to see my electrical certificate?

My electrician is busy for the next two week or so and will be providing me with one soon, though he stated its not something that is always needed in some places, but I like having the documents for future issues either way.

I was curious to know if it will be required for certain or not to be able to receive my completion certificate for the whole project?

Would the inspector just tell me to get the certificate first and call him back?

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Is the electrics under the plans you submitted to building controls or is your electrician signing this off?
If under submitted plans they will want to see the schedules before signing off. If your electrician is able to self cert, they will wait for this to be notified by him.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back