1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Electrical certification on UK home automation / lights - sonoff

Discussion in 'Home Automation' started by PASUK, 21 Apr 2019.

1. PASUK

PASUK

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    @flameport I've just realised by coincidence I've previously watched your youtube channel including one on the sonoff strip down and you've been commenting on this thread. Thanks! Great vids btw !

2. Sponsored Links
  3. shagster

shagster

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I wouldn't use ethernet for very low speed data like light switches, it seems overkill. You've plenty of other standards that may be more appropriate and use fewer wires: RS485, 1-wire, CANBUS etc...

If you used for instance 1-wire DS2408, you could poll each addressable light switch every 10ms to see if it changed. You could have a bunch of these daisy-chained through the house.

4. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local