Electrical chasing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Just after some advice about plastering up the chasing after a total house re-wire. The capping sits on top of either brick or breeze block and a bonding and finish coat is evident.

My thoughts were to 2 coats of pva...bond back over the capping to the same level, leave to dry (2 to 4 hours?), then more pva and skim over to level out. The final finish will be lining paper all over so no need to a seamless finish?

Thanks!

Ste

Sponsored Links
sounds like you have it sussed, though i'd leave out the pva betwix coats of plaster. (i.e before skimming);)

Sounds fine; assume your only bonding out to the capping to leave room for the skim. Done a total re-wire here but as most of the plaster is in a bad way, I’ve used Bonding over the capping out flush with the surrounding finish prior to re-skimming the whole wall.

Sponsored Links
That sounds like our walls! Needed to get capping covered so the electrician could put fronts on and test the install so bonded back to the same level and skimed to the existing finish level.

For any none pro out there thinking of taking this on themselves, I must say, not as easy as doing a whole wall!! My finish on the 2 walls that needed totally re-doing is far better! Still, all done now and nothing a bit of sanding cannot fix :p

Thanks for the advice!

Ste

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back