electrical laws

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats fine as long as you also agree to restate your comments & give advice again the next time someone comes & asks the same thing. :D

Sponsored Links
so you resurected a long dead post to prove a point and ask a question that should be in the "forum information" forum?

i totally agree with andy, why the hell did we change colours i work in poor light conditions and now the nice bright colours of red yellow and blue have changed to brown black grey what a nightmare they all look the same.

this seems to be a very unfriendly forum!!

i totally agree with andy, why the hell did we change colours i work in poor light conditions and now the nice bright colours of red yellow and blue have changed to brown black grey what a nightmare they all look the same.

Get some adequate work lighting then if it could cause danger !

Sponsored Links

p4762789_x.jpg

:)

thank you liam, we would never of thought of using a head light, in fact we all wear them now but after 4 hours they cause severe headaches where as we never needed them before.

ricicle.... we spend weeks and weeks on risk assesments and permits, so next time you have a power cut we are very busy (not busy restoring your power but busy doing paper work)

...but after 4 hours they cause severe headaches...

Did you know the elasticated straps can be loosened?

:p :p sorry couldn't resist. Must admit I've never worn them for that long but never had any problems. They're awesome!

Liam

What I am implying is that if you feel it is a cause for concern then your employer should be providing you with the correct equipment to carry out the job safely.

lol, its because your pupils are trying to focus on the bright spots which cause headaches.

yes our company does supply all equipment, but if the colours were red yellow and blue i garentee your electricity, gas and all fuel bills would be considerably cheaper.

joining the eu was a very bad choice..

lol, its because your pupils are trying to focus on the bright spots which cause headaches.

yes our company does supply all equipment, but if the colours were red yellow and blue i garentee your electricity, gas and all fuel bills would be considerably cheaper.

Sorry to say we are all guilty of not saying no. I have never worked since as a result. I did in fact say no, it's not my job but when through a third party I was told your the only guy I have free get on with it I did.

As in most accidents it was not one fault but a combination of many faults which allowed the accident to happen. One of the main ones being colour. We have be taught for years any switch used for personnel protection is yellow or red. So I thought nothing about removing a black switch while we did the work.

The Germans who built the machine however did not seem to follow same rules as us.

I only wish I had a job I could refuse to do. Don't make my mistake. Better to be sacked for not doing a job than doing the job and being injured. At least when your sacked you can get another job.

Try getting a job as an electrician with mauled right hand and regular pain which results in one just having to stop until it subsides.

Learn from my mistake and say "No" to dangerous work.

It was nothing to do with EU membership.

Cable colour harmonisation was a CENELEC initiative, CENELEC is not an EU institution and not all of the member countries are EU members. Whether we were EU members or not, our immutable geographic relationship with Europe would mean that we'd still be harmonising our standards, just like Norway and Switzerland, for example.

what ever the reason for changing phase colours is not really relevant, there is no way we should have changed, having two types of colour systems is dangerous and should not have been done.

hands up who agrees with the change!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back