Electrical Loop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Can anyone help please?

I've moved a switch and also taken a ceiling rose out of the loop which was part of 2 lights running from from the same switch.

I've connected the wires to the switch and to the 1 ceiling rose but when i switch another light on upstairs it flickers and the light mentioned above comes on very dim, also if i press the switch i moved or the switch downstairs which controls the same light, the fuse blows.

I've looked at several diagrams and seem to have the wires in the correct positions. Is there an easy solution?

Sponsored Links
Starman said:
I've looked at several diagrams and seem to have the wires in the correct positions. Is there an easy solution?

Obviously they are not in the right place.

go and buy a multi meter, learn how to use it, and check what wire does what, since there are no true schemes, choice of colours yes, standard colour choice for what does what, no.

after all would you expect to put nails in without a hammer?

once you figure out how a meter works, you will wonder how you did with out one

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back