Electrical problem had knock on effect for central heating

right, message received and understood! Baxi boiler in garage with water pump and spur and fuse box. thermostat in lounge with control panel in lounge also.

Kitchen lights fused other night next day i mended the fuse with fuse wire as per. (old style fuse box) Stupidly I switched power off without shutting off CH. Obviously put power back on and lights were fixed but boiler not now firing up.

Pilot light on boiler is on power light to control panel (Danfoss 102e5) is on indoor thermostat old type (satchwell) appears to be okay but not sure. I have replaced the fuse in the spur and checked all the other fuses in the main junction box. Might there be a fuse somewhere on or near the boiler?

Hope this gives a little more context?

Sponsored Links
Is the boiler on the same fuse as the lights? Not illegal or impossible, but definitely odd.
What caused the original electrical fault?

what caused the trip was turning my kitchen light on at 3am to get baby milk. Bulb went in kitchen and fuse blew. Some dodgy stuff in this house re: wiring and stuff but i doesn't look like things are connected as you have mentioned. we still have a hot water tank as well and i wondered if somewhere there was an rcd on boiler or tank? Can't see anything.

If the boiler is not on the same fuse as the lights, but despite that it konked out at the same time, you need to get an electrical inspection done on the double.
It could well be that you have a drastic fault with the earth of the installation which could prove lethal when your kid starts crawling around on its own.

Sponsored Links
If the boiler is on the same fuse what would that mean is there a solution to fix the CH?
Rather than going through every possible scenario along the line of : what if....., just tell us the actual situation; no point working out a solution for a situation that does not exist.

what Baxi do you have. you can probably remove just the outer (possibly white)case which should reveal hopefully a data plate and boiler model. there is most likely a simple led display somewhere around the bottom left possibly-if we are talking about the an old solo or w/m model. Are there any lights displayed on blr.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back