Electrical wires and lights?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I did post this topic in the 'Outside UK' area but as I am in the UK I think this area is best suited?
If not, I do apologise.

Hi everyone.
I currently have a project in France where I am renovating a property.
Most of the build is complete but I have just found out that my builders are at a stand still as my electrics have not turned up.
I got onto the company I ordered everything at and got a shock.
The order I placed months ago is no longer there. They did try offer me a discount but refused and decided to take my business elsewhere.

So the question is, anyone know of any electrical sites to do with cables etc and maybe lighting too?
That do speedy delivery so the build can get back on track.

Any help would be appreciated if possible!

Sponsored Links
Not quite sure what the problem is?

You ordered some materials?

From a wholesaler?

In France?

They have gone bust?

You need to reorder stuff now?

I don't think they have gone bust, just firked up with his order, now offering a discount for goods.
I would take discount and collect.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the responses guys.

Basically the company forgot all about my order which is totally unacceptable.
They did try to offer me a small discount but I said I'll take my custom elsewhere.

I am not over at the project a lot and all I do is get the materials they require really. Which has been okay so far.
But there has been an issue with this company so I am looking into another.

I am just asking for recommendations really, as anyone can go on a site and order stuff, just looking for a good, decent priced and reliable company to order my materials of.

Your not going to get a lot of help from me.
But I assuming you are ordering your supplies in France, and France is quite a large area to cover by one supplier, so could be helpful to some (not me), if you could nail down the location of the property, you just never know someone may have worked there and be able to point you in the right direction.

I buy some materials from the uk and ship them over. Its found to be a cheaper option on some of the build.

It looks like I am just going to Google a few sites and see what's best really, unless there is any suggestions that come up?

I buy some materials from the uk and ship them over. Its found to be a cheaper option on some of the build.

It looks like I am just going to Google a few sites and see what's best really, unless there is any suggestions that come up?
Toolstation tend to be a little bit cheaper than screwfix for cable.
It depends how much you need but some trade/retail wholesalers might give a good deal.

So you are after a UK supplier for you to ship over?
Reliability wise CEF they wont be the cheapest, but if they have not got it on the shelf, normally have it next working day.
Price wise, likely Screwfix, Toolstaition, Denmans. On-line QVS, TLC direct.
All reliable.

Would really depend on what you require,if trying to save money, they will likely have some items cheaper than others and visa-versa.

Just looked into a few and found the ones you suggested, thanks!
Found another too, ********** have you heard of them? They seem to be a wholesaler too which may be suited to myself.
Might give them a ring and see what they can do.

But like I said, any advice is most appreciated if possible, thanks!

So you are after a UK supplier for you to ship over?
Reliability wise CEF they wont be the cheapest, but if they have not got it on the shelf, normally have it next working day.
Price wise, likely Screwfix, Toolstaition, Denmans. On-line QVS, TLC direct.
All reliable.

Just looking for the best really. Will look up your suggestions now thanks!

Screwfix's selection is getting better.
and you can order on-line for next day delivery or same day collection, on-line order will inform you if in stock.
But best of with a trade card as you will be offered a discount.

I've looked at their selection and they do not offer most of what I need.
I have given the one I found, ******* , a call and they seemed helpful.

They are going to give me a call back with some quotes and go from there!

Sponsored Links
Back