electrician courses

Hi Aston,

Just finished the Tec20 course, Passsed 2381 2377 and EAL.

Really good place, the tutor I had was fantastic been an electrician for 20 odd years in domestic and industrial, fair play to him he knew his stuff. What it really lacks with most courses of this nature and even college evening classes is experience. But like any job comes with time.

I know a lot of people take the p*** out of companies who do courses over a short period, but it suited my needs, a lot of people on the course i was on have been industrial electricians for years and just needed the quals to do domestic work, was a few corgi guys who needed EAL.

Experience is what you really need, but only working in the field is the only way you can get this.

College was out of the question for me, I used to work shifts and 2 weeks out of the 3 I wouldnt have been able to attend. Quitting work and doing the 4 week course was the best option for me.

Theres a lot to take in, but as i say the tutors are really good.

Got my 2391 practical exam in May and the theory in june.

Starting work with a company week after next to gain experience, cant wait now to get back into work.

Hope this is of help,

Gareth

Sponsored Links
Im currently working fulltime and in an area where the above course isnt ran on a evening.
A company called OLCI offer the course as a homestudy but be careful of the price. 500 quid for the course but it involves 15 days of pratical work which is held in London, Bimingham,Manchester,Glasgow per day it is £105 , the sessions are held over 3 days so it would be 5 trips andover 2k a day release at college is about 12000. OLCI are the only company I have seen that do the home study for the C&G 2330 Leve1 and 2

one of the guys I used to work with was doing the course as "day release"..

the company didn't let him have the time off paid but they agreed that e could have fridays off unpaid.. ( which are our short days anyway.. )

to minimise his losses he booked a half day each friday ( 4 hours pay ) and then lost 2 hours ( 6 hour day friday ), and came in saturdays when the overtime was on..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back