electric courses

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all i'm thinking of doing a course in becoming an electrician,i used to install cctv and have some knowledge of how electrics work so like so many others at the moment not sure how safe my present job is, so thinking about some retraining,any views on the best courses to do as ive seen so many adverts its mind blowing and i want to make sure i choose the right one,thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Most advice on here is "dont do a 2 week wonder course" or similar.

Go down your local college and ask.

Your local college is the best place to ask about courses. Remember, once you have qualifed with your 17th edition (which can take between 6 months and 3 years, depending on how much you know already) you will then want to enrol with an electrical installer scheme, if you want to work by yourself on domestic installations.

Get down the college and ask about the city and guilds 2330 course, its likely to be over subscribed... so best get in early!

Sponsored Links
i cant beleive how helpfull people are on this site, i've e-mailed my local college about courses,i thought about doing a quick course but a friend has told me since putting my post on here not to waste my money as future employers don't credit them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back