Electrician walked off job, need completion certificate

Sponsored Links
I think what matters is that the installation is proved to be compliant and safe.
That's what LABC's require, if they're happy I would be too.

I wouldn't!
The OP and no disrespect, is not competent to prove the system is safe.
You claim that they may have this ability but there is little evidence to back this up with.

Sponsored Links
I think what matters is that the installation is proved to be compliant and safe.
That's what LABC's require, if they're happy I would be too.

I wouldn't!
The OP and no disrespect, is not competent to prove the system is safe.
You claim that they may have this ability but there is little evidence to back this up with.

No disrespect either but I don't need to offer evidence that something 'may' be true. If the OP can satisfy the LABC that the installation is adequate then he has a solution to being let down by a malicious installer. If he can't then he has to find another way. The regulations weren't intended to support extortion.

Shall we agree to differ? If you want to chew over the 'competent person' saga there are plenty of threads on here where it's the main topic.

Malicious installer is a bit harsh?, we only have 1 side of the dispute .

I was under the impression that the HSE were the judges of who is considered a competent person.

Not always the case.

For example, an employer can appoint a competent person to do PAT in an office environment. The competent person does not even need any electrical qualifications.

In the end only a court of law can decide competency.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back