Electricians tool insurance

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Neighbour had his garage broken into over the weekend, and it got me thinking about whether my home insurance would cover my business tools.

I can see them possibly stumping up for £200-300 for normal DIY tools losses (joe bloggs), but tallying up the cost of replacements for my power tools, and my trusty megger mft alone I got up to over £3k.... and then theres all my hand tools etc....

So do any of you guys actually have specific insurance for your tools ?? or do you rely on your van/house insurance ??

any thoughts, or recommendations ?

Sponsored Links
You can get your tools insured on your public liability insurance,
this will include stored in shed/workshop/garage/van etc....
and on site.

I have specific insurance for my tools, it is part of a package that I got through the NICEIC that includes my PL & PI, it will add to your premium, how much depnds on the value you want to insure.

niceic use groupma and are reasonable

napit use clarke roxburgh and were also reasonable and slightly cheaper )albeit they covered less)

Both have packages specific for the electrical industry

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back