The SCUM strike again

Cousin of mine in Leeds had his van broken into ,two days later he goes to a well known high street 2nd hand shop name begins with cash to buy a few tools to get him through while the insurance was sorted and here is his tools for sale :eek: :eek: .. police got involved and he got them back.. turns out some local smackhead stole them ,,,the shop knew him and he got A.N other to take them in... try the local 2nd hand shops as well as ebay also try gumtree

Sponsored Links
Thanks all!

Ill have to see if i can dig out some of the instruction booklets!

Would it be wrong of me to get these from others if i cant find my own, i am not sure if that would been seen as fraud or not?

if you are like me even thought you are entitled to payment i would feel guilty and probably show it in my voice or actions as i cannot tell a delbirate lie on these things :oops:

Thanks all

I am going to try and keep it all 100% above board. Don't want any doubt or anything.

If it gets knocked back I may look at acuiring some instruction.

Anyone any idea where I could get them from?

you could start with the tools you require books for as i keep all my manuals
bosch blue dewalt and ryobi as main gear:cool:

Sponsored Links
Ok, sure thing.

I have had taken, 2 L-Boxx stacks, tried to get my other two but they were locked into my bench.

These were:
Bosch RSGSBGDR18LI Robustseries Twinpack with GSB18VE2-LI and GDR18V-LI

Bosch GBH 18V-EC SDS Plus + GMS 100M detector

Bosch GOF 1600 CE Router

Bosch GSK 18 V-LI Nail gun

Bosch GKS 65 GCE 240v (FSN guide rail compatible)

Bosch GWI10.8V-LI Angle Driver

Bosch GCL25 BM1 Laser

Bosch GOP 300 SCE Multicutter

Bosch GWS18V 115MM Grinder

Bosch GST 150 BCE Jigsaw

Dewalt DW717XPS (240) - They didnt take my stand, must have been feeling generous (WANGERS)

Karcher K7 Pressure washer

Most of the L-Boxx's had bits in too, like Dewalt Extreme bits and drivers, Spare blades and discs.

Also took a tool tote full of gear but ive just written that off as ill not remember what was in it other than the stuff i use all the time, like my trend jig, chisel's, screwdrivers and hammer.

if i could catch whoever did this i would love to see how the saw copes with fingers!!!

Mate.... tell me about it, i bet there would be more than that with all my blades and impact bits, drill bits etc, i bet there was £200 worth of bits!!

My Garage was like a bloody fort and it isnt often i have all my tools there but with the xmas break they were all in there until the kick off next year.

I also dont think it was an opportunist thief but more of a targeted incident. Police have been a waste of time too!

Insurance are paying out and replacing the lot. Thank F! BUT... its now a case of getting back what it was i had in the first place.

Just out of interest, which insurer did you use?

Mine were a nightmare a few years ago when I had my van done - but the good news was the low-lives got nicked and sentenced to 2 years inside

The problem with insurers is, you don't know how good they are until you have to submit a claim.

By then you may realise you made a bad mistake.

Glad to hear you got sorted. Apart from the pain of actually having to replace it, and the inevitable lost bits and bobs of course. No real replacement value on that.
Personally I won't buy anything I even remotely believe is "wrong". And I mean anything at all.
If nobody bought this stuff, including the "We didn't know" second hand places, then it wouldn't be so likely to get nicked in the first place. I doubt if many of the scum of the earth types that would nick a tradesman's tools are capable of doing anything practical themselves.

True.
Worked with a guy and the first thing he said to anyone who arrived on site in dodgy looking vans selling tools was...
"where was it stolen?"
That usually seen em off.

He hates thieves with a vengeance. He rammed a get away vehicle off the road once with his jeep in a high speed pursuit.
He's an experienced rally driver. Unlucky for the thieves.

True.
Worked with a guy and the first thing he said to anyone who arrived on site in dodgy looking vans selling tools was...
"where was it stolen?"
That usually seen em off.
Good on him!
When they have a "business" selling hooky gear, it makes you wonder how many times they've sold the same stuff, going back where they've just sold gear on the next night to "restock".
Like the thing you hear about people having stuff nicked, replacing it under insurance, and then having the new stuff nicked.

Yes. I know a farmer who had an old livestock trailer stolen.
He went out and bought a new one.

The thieves returned in a few weeks and stole that one too.
That's what your up against.

In another incident a farmer fired shots at thieves. They returned in a few weeks and burned his neighbours home to the ground.

They got the wrong house.

Sponsored Links
Back