Nightmare Neighbour

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, this is the first time Ive ever posted on a forum so not sure if Ive posted in the right place!
Basically my garage is at the bottom of my garden and is attached to my next door neighbours garage. The wall of my garage runs the whole width of his garden. He has put trellis up over the years and climbers.
I had the asbestos removed from the roof last night - he has already told me they have cracked a sheet of his asbestos and Im to repair it asap.
I went to check what I could do to prepare it all for my son who is going to put a ply and felt roof on tomorrow. It looks like a complete jungle as all the climbers have just tumbled over. Im going to spend all afternoon up a ladder chopping them down.
Am I within my rights to ask him to take down the climbers that he has grown up against my garage wall (even though it runs across the bottom of his garden)? I realise in theory he could just erect a fence and grow them up that, but at least they would just flop over the fence and into the gap between it and the wall.
After he renewed the fence between our gardens, he told me he'd paid a lot of money for his fence and he didnt want me growing anything up it - fair enough. Im hoping I can ask the same of my garage wall. I know this seems petty but this man has driven me mad for the last 10 years!!!
Thanks in advance for any advice given :D

Sponsored Links
As somebody that has had nightmare neighbours in the past, you have my sympathy. In my view would be it is your wall he is not allowed to paint it or fix things to it without your permission, however you might find this forum more suitable as it is focused on these sort of problems.

http://www.gardenlaw.co.uk/phpBB2/index.php

Good luck ;)

Sponsored Links
Back