STARTING ON SITE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ive been working for my self for 4 years after leaving a big firm.

im a bit fed up with the money hassle and worries, and am starting on a new build site on price.
any advice...??????

do i need a bogie,what tools are esential??

Sponsored Links
What's a bogie?

What you need to remember if your working for yourself, is that you are not getting paid for bank holidays or other holidays and you have to provide your own PPE.

Can't believe there's a Geordie that doesn't know what a bogie is!! :D :D :D

Sponsored Links
im used to the self employed side of holidays and sick.

i just want to be realistic on speed and job acheivments per day

some of the lads reckon they do 2 bed first fix in 1/2 a day which is £200 notes potentiolly do 12 a week on 6 days

****** do you reckon or what???????????

More important what do you reckon?

I prefere the customers who pay for quality and not quantity.

kensplace said:
what is a bogie, I thought a bogie was a snot?
Or one of these:

whl003.gif

TANNERS said:
im used to the self employed side of holidays and sick.

i just want to be realistic on speed and job acheivments per day

some of the lads reckon they do 2 bed first fix in 1/2 a day which is £200 notes potentiolly do 12 a week on 6 days

**** do you reckon or what???????????
Tanners if you start worrying about the number of jobs/day you do then you will make mistakes & end up being more stressed than you were working for yourself. Just do your best & wing it as we all have at some new job.They will soon let you know if they don't think you are doing enough. I think your mates are just bragging about the time it takes to do a first fix

your probably right , anyway my overheads are quite low so i dont need to earn that much anyway .
as long as i can pay the boy

i will get a pic of a bogie

its a cabl drum holder youve seen one you just call it somink else probably

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back