Electrics to Garden Cabin/Office.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I did look at other questions, but mine is a bit of a variant!

I have a garden cabin I am converting to an office about 22m from the house (and where the main electrics are). There is fencing some of the way, but then it turns into hedge. And the soil is about 8inches deep before getting soil and rock. Wondering what my options are for running the cable down there. I'd rather pay for good conduit or the like and run the cable down above ground. But are you all going to tell me I simply need to dig a trench for it?

To be fair to me, there is an old strip of concrete about 6ft wide across garden I would have to chew through to even get a channel!

We have rats and squirrels etc. Ideally I would run some goo d conduit along the fence as far as I can, then through the hedges (fixed to trees at points) and then into the cabin. But not sure idc that is doable....

Sponsored Links
Is it robust and identifiable and will it remain so throughout its lifetime? (Trees grow!)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back