Electrics

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

I am rewiring a house with a friend, the ground floor consists of two rooms (livingroom, kitchen) the floor area is well within the regulations for a single ring main, but .. I have been told that now-a-day's kitchen's have to have there own ring main, is this true...? as it would seem rather stupid to have the livingroom on a ring main as well.... :(

Sponsored Links
that has been the case since i was .....well very young.
The reason is that in a kitchen it is likely that you want the toaster on, & the washing m/c on or an electric griddle (you get the idea) all at the same time these appliances do draw quite a lot of current, so if someone then plugged in say a hair dryer, it is likely the mcb would trip.

Yopu can always put the upstairs on with the downstairs making it one big ring, although it would be preferable to have one for up and one for down and one for kitchen.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back