Electrified fences

Sponsored Links
Sounds like you were tresspassing. Farmers have enough to do without running around fixing signs to warn off silly members of the public.
What if a bull had been in the field or a pure bred limousine cow with her new calf.?.You may have found yourself and your kids running for your lives.
You were lucky. :rolleyes:

How patronising ! As a member of the public, i'm not bound by law to even know what a limousine cow is, let alone take it gifts and walk away backwards bowing... yet there is a legal responsibility for land owners to respects rights of way, put up appropriate signs, and warn legal walker what dangers they might face from limousines in their fields !!

:idea:

he did put up signs, when the fence went up, some one since stole them

Sponsored Links
Sounds like you were tresspassing.

Suggest you read The eighth Post down....... :rolleyes:

Irrelevant. He stated he was walking through a field at the start. Thats tresspassing in my book.
ok, well maybe i should've put the word "footpath" in there then... i was walking on a footpath alongside a field, and through a field (they sometime cross diagonally through fields where i live)

Yes Im a landowner (small holding)and luckily there are no foot paths through my land. If you do venture onto it then you do so at your own risk. (limousin's)
Im in Ireland though and the ramblers association don't have a lot of say over here. :D

the tresspass laws in england are different to scotland and ireland ive know idea or desire to know about.

the only tresspass in england is the act of criminal tresspass, ie doing provable damage.

Get a life its only a 12 volt shock, when I was a kid I was always holding on to it. If you don’t understand the countryside you may be better off staying in a town, and risk getting stabbed. :LOL:

the tresspass laws in england are different to scotland and ireland ive know idea or desire to know about.

the only tresspass in england is the act of criminal tresspass, ie doing provable damage.

What a load of tosh. :rolleyes:
If you are on someone elses property without permission its tresspassing. Pure and simple.

Criminal TrespassAt common law a trespass was not criminal unless it was accomplished by violence or breached the peace. Some modern statutes make any unlawful entry onto another's property a crime. When the trespass involves violence or injury to a person or property, it is always considered criminal, and penalties may be increased for more serious or malicious acts. Criminal intent may have to be proved to convict under some statutes, but in some states trespass is a criminal offense regardless of the defendant's intent.

Some statutes consider a trespass criminal only if the defendant has an unlawful purpose in entering or remaining in the place where he has no right to be. The unlawful purpose may be an attempt to disrupt a government office, theft, or Arson. Statutes in some states specify that a trespass is not criminal until after a warning, either spoken or by posted signs, has been given to the trespasser. Criminal trespass is punishable by fine or imprisonment or both

tresspass

Sponsored Links
Back