Electrified fences

Sponsored Links
Get a life its only a 12 volt shock

sorry, biggest load of farmyard waste ever heard. It may be what you believe but it is not true, how much voltage do you suppose there is acrosss a spark plug in a car engine? acording to your theory its 12v, trust me it isnt

see mattylad's link

I was once in a competition to see who could hold tight to an electric fence for the longest (yes, I know it's silly). I could only manage 2 or 3 jolts but this old farmhand could hold on for ages. You could see his hand twitching with each pulse.

I bet he had dry calloused hands (poor conduction)

Sponsored Links
How did we find out it was electric? Her dog was wandering along, bumped it with his nose and shot about 6 feet in the air.

i once saw a gundog catch his knackers on a leccy fence, im not sure which hurt more, the shock or the re-entry from space.

I once touched one with my penknife when I was a nipper, I thought I'd better not use my finger.

I just wanted to see what it felt like.

I miss my penknife, it was a swiss army one too :(

Hopefully there were no accidents when it came back down :D

I thought the 12v went thro a coil before the spark plug.
If we are having the right to roam i want the right to roam around the back gardens of the ramblers association, to bring my dogs and kids and litter.

apparently if you touch one with your old chap it tingles rather pleasantly?

When we were kids in the village i grew up in would go and help the local farmer move the fences,many a time I touched it when it was live, bit of a kick but no lasting damage.

Sponsored Links
Back