Electro-Oil AB Manual

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just completed my OFTEC course today and thought where better to start my servicing than at home.

Trawled Google etc. for MI to suit my ancient Electro-Oil International AB Pressure Jet Burner, but no joy.

Would anyone have a clue where I would find them????

Sponsored Links
Ancient hexagonal free standing boiler (possibly grant???). No data badge on the appliance to give me any info. All I can tell you is that it's 1200 high with a service door on the top in front of the flue & 3 flat baffle's in the top section, but that's all.

Obviously the thing's drinking Kero, but want to have go at improving the efficientcy until I "come across" a suitable replacement.

Cheers

EOGB didnt manufacture very much, a lot of their stuff was rebadged bentone ;)

Sponsored Links
Thanks WDIK.

Googled Bentone and found no reference to the burner I have, but at least it tells me it has engineering similarities to Sterlings.

Have 50/70 and 70/90 RDB units in working order. Would you advise a swap and if so, would the existing Nozzle size (trusting it was competantly fitted) help me determine which one to use??

;)

Heatslave and Danesmore used to use Electro-oil

is there a number with the burner, for example B9A

met the guy who created the sterling years ago, pete someone or other :oops:

showed me a military version in his boot for field kitchens made from stainless :D

came down with harry cowden.

OFTEC is now a joke and posts like the above prove it.

OFTEC is now a joke and posts like the above prove it.

And what is wrong with coming from the classroom and praticing onyour own boiler. :rolleyes:

Far better than a customers, with the clock ticking and the bill adding up.

There is nothing wrong with the O/P playing with his own boiler, the problem is the oftec "training" and registration procedure, there are to many people posting on various forums asking basic or daft questions, these people all claim a full set of oftec tickets.
I am angry at oftec and the money grabbing" training " providers not the likes of the O/P.

O/P: Get yourself a couple of old burners and the books to go with them, set them up in your garage and experement with them, air, oil adjustments flame picture changes. Then start putting faults on them and working through a logical sequence to prove.
The best way to gain expierence is by being mentored by an expeirenced guy, aproach local heating firms for work/ training.

If you stick a picture of the burner up I will try to identify it for you and point you in the right direction for a book.

nowt wrong with asking questions, although it is possible nu labour might have banned it.

anyway jph it appears my links to you tube have been curtailed by mods....

so just go to you tube, .type in "lip up fatty"

:LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back