Electrolux EOD 982 Noise Issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi Everyone
i need some help please with my oven. this is a fitted oven. today it started making a lot of noise from the top. i suspect its one of the fans. Top Fan? i can see a fan in the main oven but clearly thats not the one making the noise.

i dont know much about fitted ovens so gently please lol

the noise seems to come from the top when the oven is on and noise continues when the oven is turned off. it stops after about 15min so makes me think its a cooling fan?

my question is , how is a fitted oven taken out to replace or check the cooling fan out. any thing to look out for as i have never taken one of these out before but am sure with a bit of help from you good people i can fix this and replace fan if indeed fan is the issue.

please see pictures attached. if there are any useful video links available, please share with me and how to go about removing the unit from the kitchen unit and how to access the fan etc. many thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_1441.JPG
    IMG_1441.JPG
    189.8 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_1442.JPG
    IMG_1442.JPG
    188.8 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_1447.JPG
    IMG_1447.JPG
    210.1 KB · Views: 224
Sponsored Links
In your last picture , on the right hand edge there is a black domed screw , you remove this and the corresponding one on the other side and there should be two more too

Once screws removed the oven slides out

However if you can't figure out how to remove an oven I'm concerned that you won't be able to fault find a high amperage oven , do you own a multimeter for example and know how to isolate the oven and are able to test that it's isolated too?

hi mate, thanks for your reply. most appreciated. i have managed to take the oven out already. wasnt as complicated as i feared lol. yes x6 screwa altogether and it slides out. the noise is definitely coming from the cooling fan (see pic) so i guess i just need to replace that whole unit. please see picture.
many thanks for the fast reply. appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_1449.JPG
    IMG_1449.JPG
    355.3 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_1450.JPG
    IMG_1450.JPG
    268.8 KB · Views: 214

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back