Elit 64 Keypad

Avy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have a Premier Elite Series INS555-3 keypad and would like to re-locate this. Mine is wireless, I assume as I cannot see any wires from the back. I have the engineer code too.

Please help.

Avy

Sponsored Links
If it’s wireless screen will be blank until you touch a button.

you need to put it engineers mode before you move it as the tamper will go off.

It could still be hard wired in that the screen has been dimmed, this is done in bedrooms so when not in use the screen isn’t seen.

either way it in engineering first, undo the retaining screws bottom and some times top. Slide it up and you will be able to see the batteries or cable accordingly.

if wireless and moving to a new permenantly position you need to restablish the mesh.

Thanks guys. I am in no way a technical person so please help me a bit more.

Definitely not hard wired as its stuck on a thin plaster board. So steps are :

1. Enter engineer code;
2. Undo retaining screws (bottom/top);
3. Slide up;
4. Re-establish the mesh ? If you have 5 mins can you please elborate here ?

Assume once I re-establish the mesh the keypad picks up on all PIR's and remans unaffected ? Also, I hope this relocation doesnt affect the Texecom App which I use every day ?

Avy

Sponsored Links
1. Enter engineer code;
2. Undo retaining screws (bottom/top);
3. Slide up;
4.Remove
5.relocte
4. Re-establish the mesh

Texecom ricochet forms a mesh between wireless devices, that mens that if a wireless device is moved you should re establish the mesh. whioch means on panels with built in expanders to short of the commission mode pins for 30 minutes. (less if you can see ricochet monitor complete the mode). where seperate wireless expander is connected to the panel you pplace the expander into tamper ne leaving the lid open for the duration.

Thanks and thats a comprehensive reply. I dont fully understand but will give it a go and see what happens! I hope I can do this as I would hate to set off the alarm and not be able to reset....to the annoyance of my neighbours!

Appreciate you taking the time to reply.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back