Elite 24 won’t arm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi just finished installing my alarm bar the bell box, tried to arm but just get one bleep from the keypad, also smartcom app say the commands has not been accepted, also set chime up but no sound when opening door, all set to area A, is this because of the bell box missing or something I have missed

Sponsored Links
Thats a few different issues.

1. Chime on a zone set? press chime on the keypad to activate press chime again to deactivate.
2. commands not being accepted, whats the smart lights doing, is the system in fault.........
3. whats in the event log, how did you try to arm the system?

Thats a few different issues.

1. Chime on a zone set? press chime on the keypad to activate press chime again to deactivate.
2. commands not being accepted, whats the smart lights doing, is the system in fault.........
3. whats in the event log, how did you try to arm the system?
Hi I hope I get these answer right
1 yes I know about chime when I press it on the keypad I get it cycling through 2 different tones, I went into zone 1 set up and switched it on, I think
2. No faults showing, smart lights ?
3. Nothing showing in event log no errors but will check full log, on keypad I just press user code then tick for full arm, on smart connect app click the arm button on the home page.

I take it I can discount the bell box being unconnected, it’s something else I have done.
sorry if I am getting mixed up here

where else you checking the event log?

the smart com has lights, these should be solid, it cant send commands to the panel of there is no connection to the panel.

the user code has to be a valid user code on the panel and the user has to be a vaklid user and have the rights to use the app.

Sponsored Links
Smart com has 1 & 3 lights on. I got a code off the keypad when setting smartcom up using the Texecom video and used that and the app seemed to be set up (let me add users) checking event log via keypad. Only change I made was to change door contact from eol to nc and name the zones. If it’s okay to set up the system up without the bell box connected I will do a full reset in the morning and try again.
Many thanks for your time and help

If you want to keep resetting your system that's fine but you can make the same mistakes time and time again.

so if you checked the log in wintex or via the keypad, what was the sequence of events?

whats version is the smartcom V2 or V3 the lights have changed.

so they have dropped the power light on the latest version, as if an led is on there must be power.

So now they represent the Server connection to the cloud and the connection type, wifi, ethernet cable and gsm not necessarily in that order. However that would mean if it was a V2 then there would be power, server and connection method lights that should be on

Update I went through everything and as much as I could checked the settings, now got to a screen that had RKP1 with a star against it I hit yes twice and the keypad beeped. I then tried front door opening and got a chime then tried arming and got the countdown and finally tried the connect app and I was able to arm then disarm. So I assume that it was the keypad star that was the issue. I have ordered up a wintex cable and downloaded the program to understand this better and as I said it will be a few weeks till I can get someone up a ladder to fit the bell box so I am happy for the moment that I can het on with setting up and finishing the commissioning of the system.
Thanks @secureiam for the help and patience

sounds like its working now, but not sure where you have been.

confirm devices i am guessing has the addresses and then * for empty slots
keypad setup is marked up to show its an active keypad on the system

confirm devices sounds most likely for it to start functioning

sounds like its working now, but not sure where you have been.

confirm devices i am guessing has the addresses and then * for empty slots
keypad setup is marked up to show its an active keypad on the system

confirm devices sounds most likely for it to start functioning
I don’t know either but from my side it appears it’s all working, I will wait for wintex and that should give me more insight to the workings of the system.
Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back