Texecom Instant Silent Arm from Keypad, Timed Arm through Connect App

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, DIY install of a Premier Elite 48 with smartcom.

The problem I have is:

Arming any area through any keypad results in instant silent arming of the area selected (10 seconds silent, I timed it).

things I have tried:
1: I have set and unset instant arm area in order to force the system to accept the setting. So the system is not set to Instant Arm.

2: I have set and unset Silent arm area in order to force the system to accept the setting. So the system is not set to Silent Arm.

The panel was flash upgraded by through Texecom Connect as was the smartcom. Both now on the latest versions.

1. 2 areas, House and cellar. I need the cellar armed 24/7 unless we are in it, hence 2 areas to stop other users of the system from accidentally disarming the cellar.
2. 2 keypads, cellar and house.
3. Key pad in cellar can set both areas ( house and cellar) because it has an external door.
4. Keypad in the house can only set the House area.
5. both areas can be set through the Connect App and these both go through the timed exit sequence ( I disabled silent instant arm for the connect app to trouble shoot). no problem with arming the system.

this was why I disable the silent arm instant for the connect app, so the connect app starts the proper timed sequence with continuous exit tone etc etc. I my view, the connect app would then use the same settings as a keypad would.

Have I missed another way to set Instant Silent Arm somewhere?

any ideas? I do not have access to wintex so have programmed it via the keypad.

Sponsored Links
Well not sure what to say as you have flashed by the smart com the settings shouldn’t have changed.

DIY installers don’t or shouldn’t have access to flash the panel via the smart com as it’s, so if you have access on TCS, you can view the programming on their subject to the subscription option.

The exit settle time is 8 seconds, which means the panel has armed instantly.
Now as you say it’s silent also sounds like the keypad areas are not assigned or you have told the keypads to ignore areas I suspect.

can’t confirm either way without looking at the log or the programming.

Stuart Frost - you nudged me to get a PC laptop and download wintex which I could access. Setting up was relatively trivial but as with all things Texecom, what you see is not what you get.

1. Wintex accessed the panel with a Connect App code I gave it. I presume it took a UDL from somewhere as the it showed a password I use. All was fine until I saved the password in wintex and then it stopped connecting.

2. When I checked the UDL Password via a Keypad, Wintex had the wrong password, but the right password for the USER. Texecom, don't you just love the stuff they do.

3. So having gone through the UDL Lockout and discoveed that conratary to the manual UDL lockout is a timed lockout and users cannot overide it. Texecom, don't you just love the stuff they do.

4. So I sorted the password in Wintex and now can connect via Smartcom but not using an IP address as before which presumably goes through Texecom Connect. I'm locked out of Texecom Connect, which is nice, might ring them up, might not bother. Texecom, don't you just love the stuff they do.

5. Texecom Connect App now does not connect, presumably because Wintex updated the UDL password incorrectly at Texecom hence screwing Texecom Connect App login up. Texecom, don't you just love the stuff they do.

Not impressed by Texecom bumph, which implies all sorts of things for end users but then you only find out those services have to be done though a registered installer.

Doing it again?

I'd buy somebody elses kit, can't be any worse.

Sponsored Links
SecureIam - thanks for the reply. You have always been helpful to Texecom DIY people and certainly go above and beyond to help everybody. I've seen lots of your posts including in the Texecom Forum, thanks for helping out.

I have fixed my issue, the keypad for area B was set to Instantly Arm. Easy to see in Wintex and the rest of the system is functioning as it should. The system is working just fine. I can access via Wintex using smartcom, but all other access via Texecom Cloud is now screwed up. Wintex access via cloud ( I presume its going via cloud) and Texecom Connect App is now not logging in. Finally my Texecom Cloud account appears to be locked after a frosty chat with a salesman who frankly could not sell a used car with his manner. I flashed before my conversation so I presume he has locked it but didn't bother to say anything to me. Texecom service at it's finest.

The Texecom Connect functionality to check my alarm status was nice. Shame about that, shame Texecom do not make it clear it's only for end users paying an installer. Maybe they like ****ing people off who have spent good money buying their products having read their literature. I would not mind paying a yearly subscription as installers do just for the firmware updates etc, but that's not an option.

thanks again

Clearly your not familiar with alarms, until very recently Texecom was the only manufacturer end users got any kind of support.

1. Wintex requires a valid UDL passcode to connect, by any means, the app code is to tell wintex which panel its connecting to as its cloud connection. future connections use the GUID, and valid cloud token, these expire after x days so you may have to generate n app code if you don't access the system in a while.

2. Wintex requires you to enter the correct udl password when setting up the panel, when a local connection is done with the usb com lead it will follow the engineers code, or udl passcode if different.(there were some versions where it only followed the udl passcode).

3. Cant comment, don't get the udl lockout, but in most cases power cycles will clear this.

4. Unfortunately the Texecom Cloud platform isn't Texecom connect. The cloud platform allows IP connections via the comip module (directly) for programming etc or the smart com via the cloud.
If you were locked out of the app yesterday one of the broker services weren't responding and that was sorted yesterday. I cant comment if yours is still down or to why without looking t it deeper.

5. not sure how you got to that point, but its possible somewhere along the lines there has been corruption, something I managed deliberately recently to see the easiest way to fix it, without a TCS account it wouldn't have been possible. if its related to the outage yesterday it should work now.

glad you have sorted out the issue but as the keypad doesn't have an instant arm option as such, I am guessing arming mode for area B was set to instant.

Cant say about the salesman, love to know how you got hold of them.

there may be an end user solution directly in the future but cant say for certain as its only rumour.

Hi SecureIam, useful information for others, so again thanks for helping out.

"Clearly your not familiar with alarms, until very recently Texecom was the only manufacturer end users got any kind of support."

To be fair, John at Texecom on the phone line was superb, knew his stuff, polite and I was clear to him I was a DIY install which he said was OK. I only wanted to know why the keypad was not showing the system was armed, EN standards, who knew? Professionals obviously, but then again some pros are better than others etc etc.

I have resolved my issue with Texecom Connect which now functions.

So for others finding the comms to their panel stops working here is what happened with an otherview of what i posted earlier.

1. Wintex accessed the panel with a Connect App code I gave it. I presume it took a UDL from somewhere as the it showed a password I use. All was fine until I saved the password in wintex and then it stopped connecting. This wintex suggested password was not the correct password but was updated on the cloud and hence all cloud based comms stopped ( texecom Connect and Wintex via IP). Smartcom could connect because this looks to me to be a local IP connect 192.168.???.??? etc

2. When I checked the UDL Password via a Keypad, Wintex had the wrong password, but the right password for the USER. Wintex had saved the wrong password which it has said was the UDL password to the cloud.

Solution:
1. So knowing I can get a smartcom connection locally but cloud based connections are failing most likely because the UDL was incorrect on the cloud.
2. change the Keypad UDL to match the cloud based UDL ( as displayed by wintex unprompted and suggested by wintex ) and it all works fine.
3. Texecom Connect is working.
4. Wintex is connecting via smartcom or IP connection via cloud.

Finally powering cycles to clear a fault code ( UDL Lockout) that the manual says is USER clearable is not a solution, it's a work around.

"Cant say about the salesman, love to know how you got hold of them."

I rang up to pay for cloud access as they have a pdf document that says you can pay per system. Happy to pay, he got arsy saying I needed to be a registered installer etc etc, I was clear to him I was not and never pretended to be, still arsy. I pointed out his document did not say you neede to be a registered installer either. Now I appreciate dealing with Joe Public is a pain in the arse, especially with complex products, but hey, I wasn't asking for support, just the service I saw advertised on their leaflet on their system. Its a pity because obviously the firmware updates are worth while long term.

Thanks for your help.

Standards can be turned on and off and things can be done to indicate the status of the alarm but you shouldn’t be able to tell the status just by looking through the window/ letterbox etc etc. Standards are not necessarily user friendly.

Can’t comment with any degree of certainty on some of your post, I can certainly guess as to what may have occurred.

I can say I found out recently the udl for tcs can be changed without affecting the one for the panel and wintex connection and don’t fully understand why as I find it strange.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back