Elmdene Rapier 6000 connections

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

I've been searching everywhere for this and ended up in this forum. :)

I have a Gira KNX alarm system and I need help connecting it to a Elmdene Rapier 6000 external siren.

It seems I can't attach files to the post so I have to leave a link to the alarm manual: (I didn't find any online manual for the rapier 6000)

http://descargas.futurasmus-knxgroup.org/DOC/ES/BERKER/333/75730010.pdf

This is how I connected them:

Elmdene - Gira

1 (H+) - 12v/ 0,1A (I have doubts on this)
2 (H-) - 12v/ 0,1A GND (I have doubts on this)
3 (RTN) - don't know where to connect
4 (-ST) - Blitz (-)
5 (-R) - ASIR (-)

When I connect like this everything works, but:

- Don't know where to connect the tamper return (RTN)
- The light strobe is very dimm (you almost can't tell it's strobing)

so,
Am I connecting the + and - to the wrong place?
Where shall I connect RTN?
The siren is rated 250ma and the strobe 150ma. The Gira external 12v makes reference to only 100ma power. Can it be a low power issue?
I still haven't cut the engineer link on the siren (makes siren act for 5 seconds max.). Does it have anything to do with it?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Had a look at your manual doesnt look like you have a Tamp Return in the panel. Is it required ?

You could connect it to a zone with a wire loop and program it too suit if possible, so when the neg is removed it will trigger that zone, it would need programming as a 24hr zone

I have only done the above with a 12v going to 0v and it worked ok

Doherty1234,

Thanks for your reply. No, I don't need tamper return. That is the least of my concerns. My main problem is why is the strobe so dimm. You almost can't see it in daylight. Is it normal?

Sponsored Links
Hi MikeMelga,

I am not sure about the brightness of the strobe as this differs with diffrent manufacturers, If it can be seen at night i wouldnt worry too much

But if its still dim you could wire in some Blue 12v LEDs. Connect the + to the + hold off & connect the Neg - to your strobe trigger

I put some Blue LEDs in a bell box but they are connected to the hold off supply so they are constantly illuminated looks really smart at night

You can't adjust the strobe, the trigger voltage is pre-set. Maybe Bernard has a trick or two.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back