Scantronic 9800 controller, need connections to Elmdene SAB!

Select one switch and move it to the ON position (up). Make sure all the
other switches are OFF (down). The keypad now has the address given
by the switch that is ON.

1x Keypad =
1 UP
2 DOWN
3 DOWN
4 DOWN

2x Keypad =
1 DOWN
2 UP
3 DOWN
4 DOWN

etc

etc.

Sponsored Links
Good evening to all those who have offered me advice/guidance over the last week (Sparkymarka, Alarm & Europlex).

I have done some initial tests and I believe I now have a operational Scantronic 9800 alarm system. I fitted a new 12V Sealed Lead Acid Battery Type c20. This cleared the (bF) alarm and allowed me to exit the (E) engineering menu.

I still occassionaly get this r4 alarm on the display, this always appears when I touch the keypad (the system is still setup on my desk so the keypad is not mounted/fixed) It can normally be cleared after "some" attempts to a key in my 4 digit ID (or as i suspect, general keypad movement)

I am "currently" going to make the assumption that this is the keypad tamper alarm (Sw1), triggered because the keypad is not yet secured :?: :?:
Not sure why r4, I have checked and my keypad is not addressed, all four switches are in the OFF position :confused: :?: This does not appear to be affecting the operation of the system (although I would suspect would cause me an issue if I had more keypads installed)
I have tested that all my circuits alarm in both Zone A and Zone B (as configured and detailed in my other post "Scantronic 9800 Zones")
As inherited, I currently have a PIR as my entry/exit sensor (Cct1), although as advised i may relocate the PIR and use a simple door contact on this circuit.

I received a response from my email to Elmdene International Ltd today, they identify that a +12V input is required on the SAB "ENG" terminal to silence the siren. I assume I can take a link from the SAB "H+" terminal.

Thanks for everyones help to date :D

I have just found out that putting the Scantronic System in to engineering mode does not appear to disable the tamper siren on the SAB unit.... :eek: :cry: "Bug*er" ;)

Off to cut myself a wire link :D :D

Linking the H+ (12v) to the ENG terminal silenced the siren & stopped the strobe flashing but also introduced a Tamper Return Fault (tr) on the keypad :?:
Disconnecting this link removed the the tr but i now have r1 amd r4 codes on the keypad that I cannot clear, so once again I cannot exit "E" engineering mode :( If I squeeze up the back of the keypad I can clear the r4, I have no idea what has originated the r1 code but i cannot clear :!: :?:

When you remove the link from the positive hold to the eng term does it sound again on tamper?

Sponsored Links
When you remove the link from the positive hold to the eng term does it sound again on tamper?

I currently have the system "stable again", I ended up disconnecting the battery and removing 230VAC power to reset the keypad, this has cleared the r1 alarm and has allowed me to operate the system as normal again. The r4 is most definitley the tamper switch (SW1) on the keypad. Because the keypad is not mounted the plastic spring on the keypad rear is not depressing on the tamper switch.

What is your thinking with this test ?? to confirm, I have a link between H+ and the ENG terminal. You suggest removing the link from the H+ terminal and hold it on the ENG terminal?? so I have nothing shorted to the ENG terminal, just a cable looped out/in on the ENG terminal??

Linking the H+ to the eng Silences the bell whilst your up the ladder servicing it . I think , dont quote me though.

Not too sure on the ADT one, normally rip them off the wall.
Why not make all connections and close all tampers before you power it up, problem solved.
If unsure dont jab things into the first hole available............could use that in life too :D

I think that may be a warning feature from the bell telling you the link is still in place , keeping the box silent.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back