ELSON CORAL E ELECTRIC HEATER ADVICE SOUGHT

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
Some advice sought re my dear old Mum's boiler !!
There is a slight "weep" coming from the housing of the top element - I got a heater element spanner and a new fibre washer BUT !!
The spanner is a couple of millimeteres too big in diameter to fit into the recess.
From the attached pictures ( TOP ELEMENT ) you might be able to see a cream plastic housing that appears to have a white nut bolted in at the three o'clock position. If that plastic housing was not there the spanner should fit - what is that nut for ?
Also looking at that same photo the leak appears to be from the centre of the element not the outside threads but there is no power supply to that element so just a blanking plate could suffice seeing as how the top element hasn't been missed all this time.
So any idea how to get the old element out ? I know about isolating power supply, turn off cold inlet, loosen element and there is a stop cock at the bottom to let some water out ( with a hot water tap slightly open to allow air to replace the water )

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back