email /prog probs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi .wonder if anyone can help?

i have received an email with an attachment which i cant open. apparently this is an excell (spelling) prog which i dont have on my pc. is there any way of me opening it with out buying excell?

please write using terms a complete pc numpty(me) can understand.
thanks in advance for you help

Chris

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Diyisfun said:
Eddie M ....My thoughts as well...

well if its in excell, what is the op going to be able to do with it other than copy the figures, which is not a lot of use, since you cant use it because its in excell which the op does not have.

so if i am wrong why am i wrong?

There is no mention of editing / exporting the data from the spreadsheet, merely being able to open / view the attachment. As such why would you think M$ would bother creating an excel viewer?

fair comment, but in that case why do it in excell in the first place unless it was to be used?

breezer said:
fair comment, but in that case why do it in excell in the first place unless it was to be used?

People use the tools they have, little regard is generally given to the end users toolset / capability.

not very considerate friend then.

unless they assumed the recipriant has excell

It is probably just someone mailing over figures to be viewed or printed - in which case the viewer will be just fine.

its a club membership list. the secretary has been replaced and the new one has a different pc and progs. i wont need to alter the info ,just need access to it.

Sponsored Links
Back