chkdsk oh dear

NeilyH said:
eggplant, now i don't mean to be rude, but how will a novice be able to repair his registry if it is in a state of corruption and has been backed up damaged ? He has no knowledge of how the registry works, let alone the keys, subkeys, clsid keys etc as i fear you are neither an expert in the registry. To say the program will not aid a speedy recovery for a novice is wrong and bad advice.

And as for the vendor updates, yes some were problems, but then again, the vendors having had xp for how long should have insured that their programs were 100% compatible, having submitted them to MS for testing.

Neil

I disagree.

Any novice can repair the registry. There are endless sites available with simple to follow instructions.

3rd party products can be a good thing, but they work to a fixed set of rules and you learn little from them. One of the biggest issues I encounter is with virus and antispyware installations. I always tell my customers that NONE of them are guaranteed to work but still get complaints that they are not working etc. The problem is that people expect PCs to be static, like consoles. They don't always realise that every time they switch their PC on, it will be different from the previous time.

I don't always have the right answers (see a recent post on print screens), but Eggy was correct to make the suggestion because it might prompt the guy to go an do some research.

Sponsored Links
Yes it has. One of the lading registry repair programs you can buy. And i play with programs and software but not in the way you probably do :)

Neil

Sponsored Links
Back