no sound HELP!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have rebooted my dell pc and i have no sound driver when i download realtek ac97 it gets half way through then comes up with a blue screen telling me to restart my pc and try again and it just keeps doing that any ideas why? please help me!!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Could be your sound card has given up? Maybe, and I know I use this tactic often, a system restore would help. Go back to before the reboot that ended the sound?

That really is possible. Sometimes when we update our computers there can be bugs that cause drivers not to work. It might be worth trying to roll back to a previous sound driver, and if that fails, try the system restore. If that fails then it leans towards a dead sound card.

Sponsored Links
That really is possible. Sometimes when we update our computers there can be bugs that cause drivers not to work. It might be worth trying to roll back to a previous sound driver, and if that fails, try the system restore. If that fails then it leans towards a dead sound card.

I would suspect that he has no soundcard as such , just the realtek ac97 chip on the motherboard. It may be a good idea to go to the Dell support site and download the driver from there.

It would also help if the gosh actually advised what operating system is being used and check that the right driver for that software is being downloaded.

Finally I would at least do a fresh download of the driver to make sure the one you ae trying to install has not been corrupted.

Back