emergency light signage

Sponsored Links
(My) logic says that the up arrow would be used for signs directing you towards the fire exit as part of the route signage.
and
the down arrow would be used at the exit door itself.

It will be interesting to see what the final decision is.

Simples - the actual exit is behind the pile of bodies and the security guards not letting people out in case they haven't paid their bill.

I recall confusion with the UP arrow close to a flight of stairs where the exit route was to go down from most floors except in the two level basement where at the stairs the exit route was UP the stairs. I see now that a pictogram of a person walking down stairs ( or up stairs ) is preferred.

How long before the nanny state insists there are signed routes in private houses. :cry:

Sponsored Links
My son got in trouble with his narrow boat for not having the correct signs. As he said he lived on the boat and really did not need any instructions.

I do think where stairs are involved up facing signs may not be appropriate. One has to ask why on a exit door does it need an arrow?

I do see the point about language we has a salesman come in to sell up some reversing beepers which said "Beware I am reversing" and the boss asked how does it know when there is a Welsh speaker behind the vehicle so it can say it in Welsh?

But it does not really matter about the rules it's more down to what one can buy. If for a split phase 110v (55-0-55) the core colours should be Brown, Black and Green/Yellow but you can only buy Brown, Blue and Green/Yellow it does not matter what the regulations say the cable used will be Brown, Blue and Green/Yellow.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back