emergency lighting

Sponsored Links
On maintained fittings you will have:

Earth
Neutral
Perm Live
Sw Live

The Perm live is permenantly live (via a test switch ideally), the switched live either being via a switch to the turn the fitting on and off, or you fit a link between Perm Live and Sw Live to have the light fitting illuminated at all times.

The are not many places where the lights need to be maintained (and on 24/7). Night clubs and cinemas being the main two. Usually, non maintained wired into the local lighting circuit is all that is required.

so if you link switch live to the permanent live terminal ithat should be ok or the other way is have nin maintained lighting but they have to cone on when the fire alarm is activated uf there is a possibble way

thanks

What kind of place it is it where the lights "have to come on when the fire alarm is activated"?

Sponsored Links
Are you competent to wire emergency lighting in a restaurant? If the fire panel has an aux relay output you could run the e lights through a contractor fed via this output.

Are you competent to wire emergency lighting in a restaurant?
I think it safe to say, given this question and others he has asked here, that he is not.

hoodie - have you thought about these:

Electricity At Work Regulations.

Public Liability Insurance Ts'n'Cs.

Employer's Liability Insurance Ts'n'Cs.

Buildings Insurance Ts'n'Cs.

Lease agreement Ts'n'Cs.

And quite possibly others.

The fact that you've asked a question like you did, and the others, e.g. the one about a 3-phase DB incomer, shows that you are not competent to be doing the work you are.

Please tell the restaurant owner to get someone who knows what they are doing.

From memory lighting essential for illuminating fire escape routes has to be wired in fire proof cable from a secure source of power. Secure in that it remains active during the fire escape period and is not dependent on a mains supply to the building during the fire. Normally a central battery supplying the lamps.

I believe but am not certain that lamps with local batteries that are trickle charged and held OFF by the charging supply can be used provided the tricke charge current is removed by the fire alarm. Without the hold OFF voltage the lamp lights on it's battery. The wiring for these need not be fire proof as a failed cable will cause the lamp to light.

i mainly specialose in house. bashing but every now and again i do a few simple jobs but very rarely

thanks for the help guys i decided to go for non maintained

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back