Emergency lighting cage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all.

I'm trying to locate a cage to protect a twin spot emergency light.

It is to be installed in a hall, and requires protection from kids kicking footballs etc at it.

Do people usually buy the cages (If so where from?), or do you have a local fabricator make something up for you?

Sponsored Links
Hello all.

I'm trying to locate a cage to protect a twin spot emergency light.

It is to be installed in a hall, and requires protection from kids kicking footballs etc at it.

Do people usually buy the cages (If so where from?), or do you have a local fabricator make something up for you?

Get a Welder mate to knock one up for you. I would. :p

RF I've seen cages over AC units also cages are available to cover gas flues.

Have you used good old google?

Sponsored Links
Neweys have several sizes from stock, and can order ANY size you want........takes a few days ;)

Must also be some online places!

We have tended to make ours in the past (but it helps having a fully equipped maintenance shop ;) )
You can try by ordering some heftyish mesh from a steel stockist and try fabricating one yourself.You can fix it up with some MI 'P' clips.

I've seen some before that looked like the mesh was coated in white plastic stuff. It looked a bit smarter than a normal galv / passivated metal cage.

I'll try a few local wholesalers and see what they reckon.

Newies is passivated steel I recall.

SF forum is not just quiet....it is full of some real arse h. Many of the guys are great, but too many are......

May not be deep enough for that fitting but a large garden sieve ( wide mesh ) made an adequate temporary cover for a light fitting about 15 years ago. It is still in use.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back