Emergency lights location

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’m having emergency lights installed in factory.
38m long with columns in the middle.

What is the best location for the lights. The ceiling has many arches. Can I have them installed at the bottom of the metal Trunking where most of the cable run through the middle of the floor ? Any suggestions ? I’m trying to minimise the number of lights and not having some installed at the left and some on the right of the columns to make future maintainance easier , too many lights too many tests to etc.

Attachments

• 1AFC7478-6B43-43DB-BFD9-F0ADC8FC0A12.jpeg
    1AFC7478-6B43-43DB-BFD9-F0ADC8FC0A12.jpeg
    347.2 KB · Views: 74
  • 4B9BA508-4CD6-458D-AB56-41CA1DCBBA1D.jpeg
    4B9BA508-4CD6-458D-AB56-41CA1DCBBA1D.jpeg
    326.7 KB · Views: 68
Sponsored Links
I do not know the answer, but with respect, you do seem to be asking how to skimp on the safety of the people that work in your workshop.

I appreciate that might not be your intention though.

What's the required lumens/sq metre at floor level?
Never been involved with specifying emergency lighting, the objective is to ensure people can see where they're going when power has failed so my instinct would be to light the walkway quite well (and mark them on the floor so some numpty doesn't move a desk across them) and fill in the gaps between so nowhere is pitch black.
Not really suitable topic for DIY specification, the consequences of guessing wrong could be quite significant.

Sponsored Links
In this sort of situation I use the service of my wholesaler who has the software & product knowledge to spec a system, all FOC.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back