Emily Maitlis will the Brexit Bashing Corporation sack her ?

Sponsored Links
There is something very soothing and mysterious about listening to the shipping forecast, the areas they describe sound far away and exciting, not exotic but no nonsense, serious names.
Biscay, Fitzroy, Trafalgar, Lundy, Fastnet, Sole, Malin, Rockall, Forties, Fair Isle, Viking, Dogger, Humber, Fisher and my personal favourite, German Bight.

I have heard the shipping forecast many times (mostly while listening to TMS on long wave), and cannot ever recall the area "Trafalgar". So much so, I had to look it up and check you hadn't mis-typed:) You hadn't.
How very strange that I recall every area, bar one.....:oops:

Sponsored Links
No, the geezer that owed the public an explanation, which he duly delivered.
he delivered lies, that is not acceptable

or are you going to claim he was not lying about the 'dog ate my homework' excuse?

oh and his account of events differed from his wife's.

There is something very soothing and mysterious about listening to the shipping forecast, the areas they describe sound far away and exciting, not exotic but no nonsense, serious names.
Biscay, Fitzroy, Trafalgar, Lundy, Fastnet, Sole, Malin, Rockall, Forties, Fair Isle, Viking, Dogger, Humber, Fisher and my personal favourite, German Bight.

Many of the names are taken from locations, ie. Bay of Biscay, Fastnet - Fastnet Rocks. Fitzroy was named after the Captain of HMS Beagle, later a professional weather man and founder of the met Office.

Forecasts always take the same format, windspeed, sea state, precipitation and visibility. Terms like fair and poor sound vague but in terms of visibility each word relates to a specific range of distances. Put them all together and it's like poetry.

Humber, Thames: West or northwest 4 or 5. Slight or moderate. Mainly fair. Good. Dover, Wight, Portland, Plymouth: Variable 3 or 4. Slight. Fair. Good.

Northwest Fitzroy: Northeasterly 4 or 5 becoming variable 3 or 4. Moderate. Rain later in west. Good. Sole: Variable 3 or 4, becoming southerly 4 or 5 in west. Slight or moderate. Rain later in west. Good.

Lundy, Fastnet, Irish Sea: Westerly 4 or 5 at first in east Lundy, otherwise variable 3 or 4. Smooth or slight, occasionally moderate in Fastnet. Fair. Good. Shannon, Rockall: Southerly or southwesterly 4 or 5, occasionally 6 in west. Slight or moderate, becoming moderate or rough. Rain later in west. Mainly good.

They sometimes say "Gail ate later".

But who was Gail, and why did she eat later?

What does that prove? I've been disagreeing with my wife for 45 years.
If marriage has taught me one thing: its that no good can come out of disagreeing with the wife, it avoids disappearing down a rabbit hole devoid of logic. Mind you we almost never argue anyway -I prefer harmony to constant bickering

Who says that about QT? Norman Tebbit

Lets see your collection of evidence regarding the second paragraph

I had my fill of the BBC this morning; the Radio 4 news bulletin at 7.30. Three minutes of anti-Trump diatribes. Obama says this about Trump, someone else says that about Trump. No voices on Trump's side were aired, and there was no other news in the bulletin!

Who speaks for the owners of the looted shops and burnt-out buildings? They are the chief concern in these criminal acts but no, we only hear the BBC's reasons and justification for the rioting.

Sponsored Links
Back