Emily Maitlis will the Brexit Bashing Corporation sack her ?

Sponsored Links
The bottom line is that the BBC admitted serious errors in presentation, but have not apologised.
Cummings admitted he travelled north during lockdown but did not apologise.
Guess who got the most grief for not apologising.
But he lied

Sponsored Links
You strike me as a bit of a loon andy. I think you would fit right in.(y)

I've no time for today's political loons, I only recognise the official loony party.

Vote-Lord-Sutch.jpg

Lord Sutch was one of our longest serving and most entertaining politicians. Boris is a poor substitute.

There is something very soothing and mysterious about listening to the shipping forecast, the areas they describe sound far away and exciting, not exotic but no nonsense, serious names.
Biscay, Fitzroy, Trafalgar, Lundy, Fastnet, Sole, Malin, Rockall, Forties, Fair Isle, Viking, Dogger, Humber, Fisher and my personal favourite, German Bight.

Many of the names are taken from locations, ie. Bay of Biscay, Fastnet - Fastnet Rocks. Fitzroy was named after the Captain of HMS Beagle, later a professional weather man and founder of the met Office.

Forecasts always take the same format, windspeed, sea state, precipitation and visibility. Terms like fair and poor sound vague but in terms of visibility each word relates to a specific range of distances. Put them all together and it's like poetry.

Humber, Thames: West or northwest 4 or 5. Slight or moderate. Mainly fair. Good. Dover, Wight, Portland, Plymouth: Variable 3 or 4. Slight. Fair. Good.

Northwest Fitzroy: Northeasterly 4 or 5 becoming variable 3 or 4. Moderate. Rain later in west. Good. Sole: Variable 3 or 4, becoming southerly 4 or 5 in west. Slight or moderate. Rain later in west. Good.

Lundy, Fastnet, Irish Sea: Westerly 4 or 5 at first in east Lundy, otherwise variable 3 or 4. Smooth or slight, occasionally moderate in Fastnet. Fair. Good. Shannon, Rockall: Southerly or southwesterly 4 or 5, occasionally 6 in west. Slight or moderate, becoming moderate or rough. Rain later in west. Mainly good.

There was no apology, nor is there an apology in your post filly. And there was certainly zero, zilch nada apology towards the liars Bozza or Dom.

Have you been sniffing glue again?

That makes up for Demonic not apologising... 15 all....

There is something very soothing and mysterious about listening to the shipping forecast,
Is it still always read by someone who can speak properly? Handy for the radio.

Or do they let a screechy girl from the traffic department have a go sometimes?

Or, like an advert, maybe someone with one of the favoured local accents to make a few of the listeners feel like it is meant just for them, while irritating the rest of the country?

Is it still always read by someone who can speak properly? Handy for the radio.

Or do they let a screechy girl from the traffic department have a go sometimes?

Or, like an advert, maybe someone with one of the favoured local accents to make a few of the listeners feel like it is meant just for them, while irritating the rest of the country?

I've not heard it for a few years now but from what I can gather it has always had to be spoken by someone in a very concise and understandable manner,
one of the soothing aspects is that it is always spoken very slowly and deliberately, which allows seafarers to take notes.

Sponsored Links
Back