Emptying and filling in radiators back!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

Im going to cut boiler pipes to make an additional connection with hot and cold water. Could you give me advice how to empty all radiators. Is there any switch or something to do it, then I need to know how to fill in water back.

I have a combi boiler if it helps you.

I count on You gentelmen!

Regards

Lucas

Sponsored Links
Thanks.

Its true, that I dont know much about plumbing. Thing is, somebodys coming Tomorrow to do the job, but he doesnt know how to flush water and fill it in back after. Any idea where the valve might it be? I dont think that its a good idea to flush each radiator separately.

Regards

It would appear your typing in riddles, lets start at the beguining.
What boiler do you have :?:
How is the system topped up (ie, filling loop)(braided pipe) :?:

Sponsored Links
It would appear your typing in riddles, lets start at the beguining.
What boiler do you have :?:
How is the system topped up (ie, filling loop)(braided pipe) :?:

I have a combi boiler, RAVENHEAT RSF 82E There is a filling loop

"clf-gas" Thanks for quick response! Im appreciate.

And I found this! That how it looks like...
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=38904 pic. no 6

Also, I need to tell You, I found a valve between ground and first floor! Looks like this on pic. no 32! Is it the one which Im looking for sir?

Isnt it too high level to flush water? I thought we empty water at the lowest level?

One more question is why in my loft there are two plastic tanks? (I dont have any big tanks (There was one appox. 7years ago). Do I need them at all, or can I take them away?>

Thanks for all help!

tanks are from your old system (not combi)
They are not removed (normally) without extra cost.
No you don't need them, and yes you can, if you can fit em through your hatch.
Are you 13?

tanks are from your old system (not combi)
They are not removed (normally) without extra cost.
No you don't need them, and yes you can, if you can fit em through your hatch.
Are you 13?

Heh, Thanks. Im not 13, just no one is perfect. Im not a plumber and Im just blank... Otherwise I wouldnt ask, but its good to ask rather than mess smthg up, am I right? :)

Sorry about my "silly" quests. But no one from my neighbourhood knows about that :/ are they 13yo too? ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back